416 W South St, Raleigh, NC 27601
12 - 8p.m.
Opened in October 2016, Authentic Tattoo Company is a traditional tattoo shop located in downtown Raleigh NC. Striving to bring you the best tattoos possible with over 40 years of combined experience, we can accomodate any tattoo style: traditional american, japanese, black and grey, realism to lettering; we do it all. Walk-ins and appointments always available.
1. After 1-3 hours remove bandage. Wash your hands first! Gently wash tattoo using warm, soapy water and your hand. Use a gentle liquid hand soap such as Dial. Make sure to get all ointment, bodily fluids, etc. off. Let tattoo air dry or pat dry with a paper towel. DO NOT WIPE OR REBANDAGE TATTOO!
2. After the tattoo is dry, apply a very thin coat of A&D ointment or Aquaphor. The tattoo should be a little glossy with ointment, but not smothered.
3. Wash the tattoo 3-5 times a day with soap water and your hand for the entire healing of the tattoo. Most people heal in the 2-3 week range. After washing, apply a thin coating of ointment for the first 3-4 days.
4. On day 4 or 5, the tattoo should start to peel and flake, similar to a sunburn. Continue to wash the tattoo 3-5 times a day, but switch from ointment to a plain, white, fragrance and dry free lotion (Lubriderm, Curel, etc.). Use the lotion at every wash, but you can also apply it in between washings too.
5. Again, your tattoo should take 2-3 weeks to totally heal. Redness, soreness, swelling, and general irritation are sometimes normal. All the tattoo really needs to heal properly is cleanliness, oxygeen (allow the tattoo to breath), and some moisturizing throughout the healing process. If you think you're doing something that's messing it up, you probably are.
*DO NOT PICK OR SCRATCH YOUR NEW TATTOO. NO SUNTANNING. NO UNDERWATER ACTIVITIES WHERE YOUR TATTOO IS SUBMERGED (SHOWERING IS FINE!). IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE CALL OUR SHOP OR STOP BY.